Pelé: Birth of a Legend
Pelé: Birth of a Legend chronicles the life of one of the best soccer players of all time, starting from the slums of Brazil to competing on the national stage.
Released 2016; Runtime 107 minutes
- Goal Setting: Pelé promises his dad that he will win a World Cup for Brazil one day and that goal motivated him throughout his life.
- Anxiety & Stress: Pelé leaves home for the first time at age 15 to play; He also leaves school and risks not having an education.
- Confidence: His confidence drops while he is playing for Santos FC because he wasn't allowed to play his style. As he struggles, he believes that he is a bad player and almost quits soccer.
- Injury & Illness: Pelé injures his knee in a match and tries to play through it; He doesn't want to sit out, but clearly struggles with it on the field.
- Pursuing Your Dream: This is what the entire movie is about; Specific moments include deciding to leave home to play, realizing he cannot quit, or playing through an injury to help his country win the World Cup.