Cinderella Man is about a boxer in New York City during the 1930s who must battle poverty and the loss of his career. He receives a new opportunity to prove himself in the ring and to save his family from the cruelty of the Great Depression.
Released 2005; Runtime 144 minutes
- Anxiety & Stress: This is shown before the final fight as Braddock is afraid of dying.
- Injury & Illness: An injury forces Braddock to lose his only steady source of income and must struggle with the challenges of a broken hand.
- Economic Issues: The movie takes place during the Great Depression, when poverty was rampant.
- Motivation (Extrinsic): During a fight, Braddock has a vision of his family starving which pushes him to gain the strength he needs to win the fight.
- Peak Performance: Towards the end of his fights, Braddock clearly gets into a zone and narrows his focus onto his opponent.