The Rookie is about Jim Morris, who pitched in the minors, but after injuring his arm and having multiple surgeries, he became a science teacher and baseball coach in a Texas high school. After a bet with his team he found himself at a MLB tryout and at 35 years old he attempts a childhood dream.
Release Year: 2002
For more information, view its pages at the Internet Movie Database and Rotten Tomatoes or purchase it from Amazon.
- Coaching: Jim Morris is a high school coach, so there are several examples of him coaching throughout the movie.
- Confidence: Jim pitches batting practice to the team, and once they start hitting off him, they have the confidence to hit any pitcher they face.
- Going for your Dream: His childhood dream was to pitch in the MLB, which is the dream he is now chasing again.
- Injury: He was drafted young, but after injuring his arm, he had to give up his pitching career and his chance at making it in the big leagues.
- Motivation: The bet between Jim and his team give the team extra motivation to win the championship, while Jim also turns to his family for motivation.